The Ear Candy Mini 2×6
- Hand Made in our facility in Indiana USA with all American made materials.
- Constructed from All 3/4″ Tone Woods.
- All 1/2″ Maple front and back.
- There is Zero MDF or particle board used anywhere in our cabs.
- Front loaded, Twin Ported, floating baffle.
- All steel hardware.
- Top strap handle (optional)
- Equipped with our wiring harness and “Cable retention system” technology.
- Point to Point hand wired with silver solder.
- Wired with 14 American wire gauge acoustic research speaker wire.
- Loaded with The EarCandy SugarCone 6.5″ Guitar speakers.
- 4, 8 or 16 Ohms, 100 Watts.
- All cabs come with steel reinforced rubber feet
- Height = 10 Inches, Including rubber the feet.
- Width = 15.5 Inches.
- Depth = 8 Inches.
- Weight = 15 pounds.
We designed this cab to deliver the same kind of tone our larger 1× cabs deliver but at lower volume levels. This cab design gives us the ability to create a large tone at lower volume levels where you can push your amp and get lots of volume and tube tone.
EarCandy’s Twin ported baffle allows the speaker to breath with the air coming in and out of the cab. Because of the way the porting works, the speakers are floating, they don’t have to fight gravity or air pressure. They get exactly what they need which allows for more warmth, sustain, tone, clarity, volume, and sound dispersion.
Because of our porting design, the entire area in front of the cab is the sweet spot. The cabs are warm and cut through a mix. You can use it with a drummer and bass player and be heard with no issues. You will notice an almost 180-degree sound dispersion so when you walk around the room the cab will sound the same. You do not have to be directly in front of the cab to audibly benefit from the tone of the cab.
With the Tone Wood’s used, Ceramic speaker and the tuned porting, this little cab will stun you with its ability to deliver many styles of tone at moderate to loud volume levels. This cab is perfect for those little 1/2 to 30-watt tube amps where you want to hear the crunch and tube break up without having to use attenuation.
It has genuinely nice, well rounded cleans, with the bell part of the tone complimented by the cab, bluesy over drive tones are smooth and crystal clear. Heavy, more saturated distortion tones are thick and chunky with a lot of harmonic capability and sustain. Palm mutes and heavy de-tuned tones are clear, concussive and tight.
Click the icons below for more information.