The Ethan 1×10 Bass Guitar amp speaker cabinet
- Hand made in our facility in Indiana USA with all American made material’s.
- Constructed from all 3/4″ tone woods.
- There is zero MDF or particle board used anywhere in our cabs.
- Front loaded, twin ported, floating baffle.
- All steel hardware.
- Choice of handles.
- Equipped with our wiring harness and Lichtenstein Neutrik SpeakON 1/4″ combo input jacks.
- Point to point hand wired with silver solder.
- Wired with 12 American wire gauge acoustic research speaker wire.
- 8 or 16 ohms with two harness options.
- Power Handling = 350 watts RMS
- Frequency Response 71 Hz to 3.7 Khz
- Loaded with an Eminence Delta 10A or B Bass driver.
- All cabs come with steel reinforced rubber feet.
- Height = 13.5 Inches, Including the rubber feet.
- Width = 15.5 Inches.
- Depth = 12 Inches.
- Weight = 22 Pounds with speaker.
The Ethan 1×10 is an obviously smaller enclosure that works best with a tamer amplification and passive bass pickup environment. The Ethan is 12 inches deep compared to its 16-inch-deep big brother, the Sovereign 1×12. This smaller depth gives the Ethan less volume and low-end punch making it almost instrument specific to the Standup / Upright bass.
The Ethan is perfect if you find the Sovereign 1×12 to be a little larger than what you need but are looking for something with a professional and refined sound. The Ethan 1×10 is closely engineered with the same abilities that the Mr. Watts 1×8 Bass cab has. The exception to this is the Ethan’s 2-inch porting compared to the Mr. Watts 1-inch porting. Both cabs are 12 inches deep and serve a practice or small venue setting well.
The Ethan 1×10 does not have quite the low-end growl that the 1×12 has, however, it does deliver a nice, smooth and airy low end that is sought after by standup / upright Jazz bass players. The Ethan’s slightly faster reaction time combined with the clarity and articulation of the Eminence Delta speaker really brings out the sound and dynamics that are native to the standup Bass style of playing and sound.
Just like the Sovereign 1×12, the Ethan 1×10 is constructed with a carefully mixed and balanced combination of 3/4 Inch tone wood baffles and cabinet panels. Simply because of the ability to combine two 10” bass drivers in the 2×10 version, the 1×10 model exists in a more limited world of tonal versatility. In order to create an entirely different enclosure that serves the standup bass in a more justified light, we intentionally make the Ethan 12 inches deep, making it more of a transparent voice of the standup bass rather than an enhancement of it.
Click the icons below for more information.