The Ethan 1×10 G
- Hand made to order
- 4 Month wait time
- Hand made in our facility in Indiana USA with all American made materials.
- Constructed from all 3/4″ tone woods.
- There is zero MDF or particle board used anywhere in our cabs.
- Front loaded, twin ported, floating baffle.
- All steel hardware.
- Choice of handles.
- Equipped with our wiring harness and “Cable retention system” technology.
- Point to point hand wired with silver solder.
- Wired with 14 American wire gauge acoustic research speaker wire.
- 4, 8 or 16 ohms with two harness options.
- All cabs come with steel reinforced rubber feet.
- Height = 13.5 Inches = Including the rubber feet.
- Width = 15.5 Inches.
- Depth = 12 Inches.
- Weight = 22 Pounds with speaker.
The Ethan 1×10 is the cab that fills in the space between the Bell 1×10, which is primarily a Jazz Guitar speaker cabinet and the Sweet Tooth 2×10. The Bell is 9 inches deep where the Ethan is 12 inches deep. This additional depth gives the Ethan more versatility and punch. The speakers available in the menu have a wider musical genre versatility due to this cab’s versatility.
The Ethan is perfect if you find the Sovereign 1×12 to be a little larger than what you need. Like the Sweet Tooth 2×10, the Ethan 1×10 excels at Modern Rock, Funk, Jazz, and Fusion genres. Loaded with the WGS G10C/S it also excels in the Country music genre with Telecasters and Lap Steel guitars due to its fast reaction, measured low end, sweet bell tone mids, and warm top end. For a warmer slightly darker tone, we highly recommend the Eminence Little Buddy Hemp cone speaker.
The Ethan 1×10 is the little brother to the Sovereign 1×12 and is closely engineered with the same abilities. The Ethan 1×10 does not have quite the low-end grasp that the 1×12 has, however, it does deliver a surprising amount of low end and very quickly. Due to the nature of the modern 10-inch speakers in the speaker menu, the Ethan has a slightly faster reaction time which cuts down some of the dynamic reaction of concussive playing and palm muting, we do not recommend this cab for heavy, drop tuned guitar tuning or modern high gain amps.
Just like the Sovereign 1×12, the Ethan 1×10 is constructed with a carefully mixed and balanced combination of 3/4 Inch tone wood baffles, and cabinet panels. Simply because of the ability to combine different 10” guitar speakers in the 2×10 version, the 1×10 model exists in a more limited world of tonal versatility.
Click the icons below for more information.