The Shirley 1×12 Ultra Light
- Hand made in our facility in Indiana USA with all American made materials.
- Constructed from all 3/4″ tone woods.
- Front and Back are 1/2″ Maple
- There is zero MDF or particle board used anywhere in our cabs.
- Front loaded, floating baffle.
- All steel hardware.
- Top strap handle included but optional.
- Equipped with our wiring harness and “Cable retention system” technology.
- Point to point hand wired with silver solder.
- Wired with 14 American wire gauge acoustic research speaker wire.
- 8 ohms with two wiring harness options.
- All cabs come with steel reinforced rubber feet.
- Height = 14.5 Inches, Including the feet.
- Width = 14.5 Inches.
- Depth = 9 Inches.
- Weight = 12 Pounds with the Neo speaker installed.
This cab is meticulously made with special jointing to allow high, clear volume levels from a very small and light enclosure. We use a variety of tone woods and instrument glue’s to deliver a warm broad spectrum of tone with sustain and clarity.
The Eminence Texas Neo is an American voiced speaker but is not heavily colored, lending itself to deliver excellent tones in many categories of music including Jazz, Modern Rock, Classic Rock and Blues.
The Eminence Tonker Lite is perfect with all of the a fore mentioned genre’s but need more of a British flavor, we highly recommend this speaker.
The Eminence EM12L Neo is a Neodymium magnet Version of the Eminence EM12L which is a modern version of the old school Electro-Voice EVM12L, commonly known as a great sounding speaker but very heavy.
The Eminence Wheelhouse is truly a unique and awesome speaker. The Wheelhouse is very versatile, warm, powerful and punchy. With its large, powerful Neo magnet, high power handling and DB rating, the Wheelhouse is very efficient. The thick pulpy Hemp cone transfers its physical characteristics into very impressive audible attributes that are hard to live without once you get this speaker broken in. This speaker is easily in our top 5 favorites from Eminence.
This cabinet is named “Shirley” because it was designed to fit in the overhead compartment of a commercial airliner, hence the reference to “Airplane – The movie.”
Click the icons below for more information.