The Asaph 1×15 G
- Hand made to order
- 6 Month wait time
- Hand made in our facility in Indiana USA with all American made materials.
- Constructed from all 3/4″ tone woods.
- There is zero MDF or particle board used anywhere in our cabs.
- Front loaded, twin ported, floating baffle.
- All steel hardware.
- Choice of handles and casters.
- Equipped with our wiring harness and “Cable retention system” technology.
- Point to point hand wired with silver solder.
- Wired with 14 American wire gauge acoustic research speaker wire.
- 4, 8 or 16 ohms with Two harness options.
- All cabs come with steel reinforced rubber feet.
- Height = 18 Inches, including the rubber feet.
- Width = 28 Inches.
- Depth = 16 Inches.
- Weight = 45 lbs loaded with most speakers.
The Asaph 1×15 guitar cab is capable of filling in the bottom end of just about anything or, working very well as a standalone cab with plenty of bass, middle, and treble articulation. The Asaph 1×15 is punchy, very full, warm, and loud. The Asaph has a throaty mid-range and an open top end. These tend to be very versatile, open and easy to change with simple EQ adjustments.
Due to the porting and characteristics of 15” speakers, the Asaph has a slower low end punch than our 2×12 Palm mutes and low end concussion feels and sounds like the cab takes a deep breath and then quickly throws out the low end concussion with a punch and edge the hits hard and deep with a thick sustaining effect to the air around it. The Asaph is a great way to project the low and low middle part of your tone coupled with a BuzzBomb to complete and audible round house punch of guitar tone. The Slag of the low end and minimal reaction time difference makes for a massively hard-hitting combination.
The Asaph is popular with our 7 string and baritone guitar players, especially combined with the BuzzBomb 2×12, even with a low B or baritone guitar, an octave down or “Sub Up” FX pedal can turn this into a brutalizing wall of sound that makes any other rig sound like it is struggling to come close to what the Asaph easily delivers. This cab, much like the BuzzBomb or Legba 4×12 is something you have to truly experience in person to grasp the gravity and depth this cab will deliver.