The Bailey 2×8 G
- Hand made to order
- 4 Month wait time
- Hand made in our facility in Indiana USA with all American made materials.
- Constructed from all 3/4″ tone woods.
- There is zero MDF or particle board used anywhere in our cabs.
- Front loaded, twin ported, floating baffle.
- All steel hardware.
- Choice of handles.
- Equipped with our wiring harness and “Cable retention system” technology.
- Point to point hand wired with silver solder.
- Wired with 14 American wire gauge acoustic research speaker wire.
- 4, 8 or 16 ohms with multiple harness options.
- All cabs come with steel reinforced rubber feet.
- Height = 13 Inches = Including the rubber feet.
- Width = 20 Inches.
- Depth = 12 Inches.
- Weight = 22 Pounds with speakers.
The Bailey 2×8, Big Brother to Mr. Watts, is a conveniently sized 2x cab and is perfect when a larger sound dispersion field is needed. Mr. Watts is perfect for small to medium venues and excels in recording studio environments, The Bailey 2×8 has higher wattage capabilities for larger venues or when a higher volume level is desired for recording. Like all our cabinets with our porting technology, the Bailey 2×8 has all of the bass, middle, and treble you would need for any musical genre application.
The Bailey is also very perceptive to changes in your amps tone stack or equalization settings. This cab was engineered to deliver the same kind of tone our larger 2× cabs deliver only in smaller venue applications, at lower volume levels. This cab design delivers a large tone between low, moderate and high-volume levels where you need a dynamic volume distribution and tonal versatility.
We have people using our Bailey 2×8′s in all levels and all genres of music, everyone from kids practicing in their basement to professional players doing arena tours. EarCandy’s twin ported, floating baffle allows the speaker to breath with the air coming in and out of the cab. The porting allows the speaker to breath with the dynamic of your playing style, the drivers are not limited by gravitational resistance or air pressure. The speakers get exactly what they need to move back and forth within their X-max. This allows for optimum performance of any of the available guitar speakers in our menu.
This design makes the entire area in front of the cab the “sweet spot” with warmth, sustain, clarity, volume and an even, almost 180-degree sound dispersion. Our cabs are not beamy, the cabs ability to cut through a mix enables its ability to be used in a full band environment and be heard with no issues. You will notice that when you walk around the room the cab will sound the same. You do not have to be directly in front of the cab to audibly benefit from the sound coming from the cab. This cab sounds excellent for anything from Jazz to de-tuned modern distortion.