Mr.Watts 1×8 Bass
- Hand made in our facility in Indiana USA with all American made materials.
- Constructed from all 3/4″ tone woods.
- There is zero MDF or particle board used anywhere in our cabs.
- Front loaded, twin ported, floating baffle.
- All steel hardware.
- Choice of handles.
- Equipped with our wiring harness and Lichtenstein Neutrik SpeakON 1/4″ combo input jacks.
- Point to point hand wired with silver solder.
- Wired with 12 American wire gauge acoustic research speaker wire.
- 8 ohms with 2 harness options.
- Power Handling = 250 watts RMS
- Frequency Response 78 Hz to 4,500 Hz
- Loaded with an Eminence Beta 8A
- All cabs come with steel reinforced rubber feet.
- Height = 12 Inches, Including the rubber feet.
- Width = 14 Inches.
- Depth = 12 Inches.
- 16 Pounds with speaker.
The Mr. Watts 1×8 is a conveniently sized cab with a larger sound dispersion than you would imagine, do not let the size fool you. The Mr. Watts is perfect for small venues and rehearsal environments. Like all our cabinets with our porting technology, the Mr. Watts 1×8 has all the bass, middle, and treble you would need for its size applications. Obviously, this cab is not going to deliver the wide, hard hitting low end that its 12” counterparts will.
Mr. Watts is also very perceptive to changes in your amps tone stack or equalization settings. This cab was engineered to deliver the same kind of tone our Sovereign 1×12 delivers only in smaller venue applications, at lower volume levels. This cab design delivers a larger tone at lower volume levels where you need a driven, punchy tone without disturbing the neighbors.
EarCandy’s twin ported, floating baffle allows the speaker to breath with the air coming in and out of the cab. The porting allows the speaker to breath with the dynamic of your playing style, the driver is not limited by gravitational resistance or air pressure. The speaker gets exactly what it needs to move back and forth within its X-max. This allows for optimum performance of the speaker.
This design makes the entire area in front of the cab the “sweet spot” with warmth, sustain, clarity, volume and an even, almost 180-degree sound dispersion. Our cabs are not beamy, the cabs ability to cut through a mix enables its ability to use it in a full band environment and be heard with no issues. You will notice that when you walk around the room the cab will sound the same. You do not have to be directly in front of the cab to audibly benefit from the sound coming from the cab.
Click the icons below for more information.